Last updated January 15, 2020
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at privacy (at) vawlt.io.
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
- We collect the name and e-mail addresses of our customers’ users, provided by the customers’ administrators, and necessary for us to provide our service to our customers. This information is securely stored in our databases, in an encrypted form.
Information automatically collected
- We automatically collect anonymous information, namely IP addresses, and/or browsers and devices characteristics when you visit our Site.
- Regarding our customers’ users, we collect the device name and IP address of the devices used to login to Vawlt via our software, and such information is also securely stored in our databases, in an encrypted form.
2. How do we use your information?
- We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
- We use the information we collect, or receive:
- We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes and/or for legal reasons.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for legal reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
- We only share information with your consent to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
- We will only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
5. How long do we keep your information ?
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
6. How do we keep your information safe?
- All the data provided by our customers’ administrators, and the data automatically collected by us in order to deliver our service to you, is securely stored in our databases, in an encrypted form.
- Although we will always do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
7. What are your privacy rights?
- In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right
- (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information,
- (ii) to request rectification or erasure;
- (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and
- (iv) if applicable, to data portability.
- In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
- If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: ec.europe.eu
8. Do we make updates to this policy?
9. How can you contact us about this policy?
- If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at privacy (at) vawlt.io or by post to: Vawlt Technologies, S. A., Tec Labs – Centro de Inovação, Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisboa, Portugal.